Sunday, October 10, 2010

Blog 7

I just finished watching a very motivational video.  This video was by a man named Randy Pausch.  Paush was a husband, dad to three and a professor at Carnegie who specialized in Virtual Reality.  In the Video Paush talks about his childhood dreams and how he worked to accomplish them.  Paush also tells us about his terminal illness with cancer and that he was only given three to six months to live.
I was so surprised after he mentioned his cancer and the time he had to live how up beat he still seemed to be.  He seemed to be still trying to reach people and show them that no matter what you should try to accomplish all of your childhood dreams.  With all his health problems he still seemed as though he was happy with the way his life had gone and that the only thing he was sad about was leaving his family behind.
In Pausch speech he talks about wanting to work for Disney and he even talks about wanting to be in the National Football League.  He talks about one of the virtual classes that he has taught, and even mentions he moved his family so they would be closer to his wife family and would be a better thing for them in the long run.  I also thought it was so important that he talked about how he tried to meet all his goal and childhood dreams, and how even if he didn't accomplish them they helped shape his life.
I loved this video and I think it will help shape my life in a different direction.  This may seem crazy but after watching this video I really hope it will help make me a better person.  If we had more inspirational and motavaitional speakers at all colleges and universities I truly believe it would help more students desire to do better.   

1 comment:

  1. I also thought this film was motivational. When I first seen how long it was I was aggravated. However, when I began to watch the film I could not stop watching and listening to his words of wisdom. He inspired me and taught me so much about not giving up!! I also agree that we do need more inspirational speeches! Randy truly inspired me and I wish I could have had the opportunity to meet him he seemed like an amazing person.

    ReplyDelete